A&L Goodbody is an Irish law firm providing expert legal advice across every aspect of business law. The Firm advises a broad domestic and international client base in both the private and public sectors, across the island of Ireland.
The Firm has 91 Partners and over 480 legal staff with offices in Dublin, Belfast, London, New York, San Francisco and Palo Alto. The Firm provides a full range of market-leading business legal services and operates an extensive range of specialist services through over 30 Specialist Practice Groups.
Our Commercial & Technology group is the largest group of its kind in Ireland and is constantly ranked as one of the best, with specialist lawyers in key areas including:
- Data Privacy & Data Security
- Intellectual Property
- EU General Data Protection Regulation
We work closely with other related A&L Goodbody practice groups – such as Fintech, Brexit, Life Sciences and Healthcare, EU/Competition, Inward Investment and Tax – to ensure a comprehensive and fully integrated IP service.
Our Commercial & Technology group have experience working in several jurisdictions, bringing an international depth. Our work spans many industry sectors across financial services, manufacturing, retail and IT, with a strong focus on the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sector. We focus on providing our clients with sound advice and producing high quality work product through an effective yet cost-conscious approach.
We offer the full range of IP advisory and litigation expertise in all areas of intellectual property practice including patent, trademark, copyright, designs and trade secrets. Our IP lawyers comprise a dedicated group of IP specialists, and include trademark and patent agents.
We are members of a wide variety of national and international professional and industry associations including:
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP);
- Fintech and Payments Association of Ireland;
- International Trademark Association (INTA);
- European Communities Trademark Association (ECTA);
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriete Intellectuelle (AIPPI);
- Federation Internationale des Conseils en Propriete Industrielle (FICPI);
- Pharmaceutical Trade Mark Group (PTMG);
- Licensing Executive Society (LES);
- Copyright Association of Ireland (CAI); and the
- Anti-Counterfeiting Group (ACG).
- Irish Software Association
- Irish Internet Association
For further information on our Commercial & Technology services and experience, please visit our practice page on the A&L Goodbody website.