Our Knowledge Services
A&L Goodbody has a dedicated knowledge team, which supports the Firm’s lawyers and clients to ensure we deliver solution-focused legal advice of the highest quality. The team has won the prestigious award for ‘Best Management of Knowledge’ by the Managing Partners Forum for three successive years, 2007, 2008 and 2009.
The Knowledge Team provides updates on legal developments and in particular on the business impact of legal changes for clients. The team creates top quality knowledge products both for clients and our lawyers, including seminars, analysis of legal issues, practice notes and other know-how material. Examples include:
Client Knowledge Support
Our Knowledge team provides direct knowledge support to clients and contacts of the Firm in a number of different ways. These services are provided free of charge as part of the value-added services we offer:
- Weekly Legal Update Service: We provide a weekly e-mail update of legal developments. These updates cover the areas of domestic, EU and relevant UK law. Regulatory developments are also addressed. These updates focus on the practical implications of what’s new and may be tailored to the specific needs of particular sectors of business, or the requirements of particular clients.Annual Knowledge Legal Update Seminar events in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Legal News: The Legal News section of our website contains a range of notes we have produced on topics of interest to clients since 2002.
- Email updates on diverse topics: Newsletters, Bulletins and Alerts authored by our leading experts on topics as diverse as Banking & Financial Services, Commercial Property, Employment, Pensions & Benefits, EU & Competition, Gaming & Betting, Restructuring & Insolvency, Tax, and Investment Funds.
- Archive of IP & Technology Newsletters: A set of prior IP & Technology Updates which cover topics such as IP protection and exploitation, developments in the technology, pharmaceutical and life sciences sectors, and legal changes impacting clients with interests in IP & Technology.
- Knowledge Lawyer Hotline: We also offer clients direct access to our Knowledge Lawyer Team. This facility enables clients to telephone or email the appropriate Knowledge Lawyer with informal queries relating to legal topics of interest.
- On-Site Seminars: We send members of our Knowledge Team to give seminars and legal updates to clients or to discuss the implications of particular legal developments. We also conduct annual Knowledge Seminars in our Dublin and Belfast offices covering a broad range of legal developments throughout the prior year.
- Knowledge Management Consultancy Services: Knowledge, and in particular the ability to retrieve and share critical information, is increasingly being seen as an important competitive tool by the business community, especially in today’s markets. Our Knowledge Manager’s expertise is in the development and assessment of know-how databases, intranet knowledge pages, knowledge extranets and advising on the use of more sophisticated knowledge systems such as federated search systems, enterprise search and knowledge portals. Our Knowledge Manager can assist with, and provide advice on these matters.
For further information on how you can benefit from our Knowledge services, please visit the Knowledge section of our Firm website or contact:
Paula Reid, Partner & Director of Knowledge at email@example.com.